Tuesday, June 29, 2010

UPS always brings cool stuff.

Today has been an awesome day. Knowing the parts for the Camaro from Summit were going to be delivered today, at 8am I went on over to the house and waited in the RV for the site of that brown truck to come by. I must have looked out the window of that RV a 100 times in anticipation. Well, finally by 12:30pm there he be, the brown truck of UPS. Yet wait, as he's handing me the boxes I notice one shaped like a radiator, hot damn, the radiator came too!I was only expecting two boxes and I got three, that is always awesome. So I sign for it all, on that damn digital screen, which I can't sign on properly. Really, my signature looks like a child that colors outside the lines when I have to sign on a digital screen.

Anyways, I'm not here to just ramble on about cool new parts coming in, I have pictures too.

Man, I love opening boxes with new car parts in them.

The radiator looks amazing. It's not too bright so I'm going to leave it natural and unpainted. Plan to get it in this weekend and test it out. Really looking forward to seeing the car run at a decent temperature in the summer finally. That, and it's always cool to show off new parts at a cruise-in.

Global West aluminum solid body bushings. I needed these for the car, the factory rubber bushings are toast. Either totally squashed or dryrotted and falling apart or just altogether gone.

Hotchkis convertible X-frame brace. Need to check the clearance on the exhaust, though I should have plenty. I'll just have to see.

Hotchkis convertible sub-frame connectors. Going to need to drill out the front attachment point by about an 1/8" or so to fit the Global West body bushings. I'm going to hold off on installing the bushings, X-brace and sub-frame connectors until I get some scrap steel to practice a little welding on. I am not going to have second rate welds on my Camaro. It's been too long since I welded something to just jump in blindly hoping things work in my favor.

Eh? A fouth box? Yeah this day has been great! Wasn't expecting this at all. After opening the stuff UPS delivered in the shop I went back to the RV before heading out to meet a friend at a burger joint (more on that in a bit). And there it was ust sitting there in one of the chairs. USPS was on their gmae today for me too it seems.

Alright, good stuff, good stuff. Initial D 3rd Stage and 4th Stage Parts 1 & 2 and Rumiko Takahashi Anthology volumes 1-4 plus box.

OK, so I went to Andy's (local burger joint) to meet a friend for lunch today. And I don't know what it is, but I must be (almost) a luckier bastard than usual because the girl that was working was flirting with me hard. My day would have been more than amazing if it wasn't for the fact that she was a smoker. Saw her doing so on break at the back of the place. She was cute, but that really turned me off from her. Though I probably could have gotten her to show me her tits. I kid you not. While talking to her the conversation was about tattoos and then she got on to piercings and brought up that her nipples were pierced. No big deal you know? But she brings it up again when she walks outside to look at the stickers on the back glass of my truck. She basically goes on about this and that time she showed this and that guy friend just because they asked. It was as if she trying to get me to do the same. From what I could tell she had what looked to be quite the nice pair under that shirt. But like I said, the smoking is a big turn off.

Hmm, maybe I should go back to that place for lunch again some time soon, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment