Sunday, September 27, 2009

One comic box shelf finished, one to go.

So my neighbor finally got around to building my comic box shelves. Well, shelf, I'm not sure if he understood I needed two. Either way, it's cool, I at least have one now. He does awesome work, way better than I can do whenever I make a sad attempt at working with wood. Though he doesn't like painting, that I had to do myself. Not a problem at all.

First off I'm going to need some tunes. The only portable stereo/boom-box I have is an old dual cassette deck with a completely broken off antenna. So crap, what's a guy to do? Redneck Engineering 101 of course!

Yes, for those of you with a good pair of eyes, that is a coat hanger. It's wrapped around the carry handle to give it something to keep it standing up. All it needs to do is make contact with where the antenna broke off to get good enough reception for the local classic rock station. Now you know one more use besides hanging clothes and abortions for a metal coat hanger.

Alright, primered and ready for paint. I waited until the next day to get to the paint.

And there we have it. Completely painted just waiting to dry and be taken in the house. Took two coats of satin black to get full coverage.

Finally in the house and filled with comic boxes. Was a PITA to get it up stairs, but it was done. Would've happened sooner but thanks to there being 12 shelves painting took longer than expected. Especially since I hadn't planned to do two coats of color. Anyways, it looks much better than having them on the floor lined up against the wall.

Which, as you can see I still have a few more boxes just sitting around on the floor. 14 actually, 13 filled with 1 empty, that will get used once I get back to sorting the box-less comics on the floor, to be precise. Well that's it for now I reckon. Maybe sooner or later I'll get around to showing off the anime collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment