Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009.

Another year, another Christmas. For me, it was pretty good. Here's the haul of awesome I received this year around.

First off, the Devil Girls statue. Lovely aren't they?

Next up is a few more pictures of Jessica, a few close ups.

I've said it before, but damn, that dress makes it.

Next up is a tower of media, also the biggest chunk of my gifts this year.

So, what all is in there? Lets see, for books there's George Carlin's autobiography Last Words, Berserk volumes 28, 29 & 31, The Goon volume 4, Hellboy volume 2, The Boys volumes 1-5, Wolverine Weapon X: 100 Covers. Then there's the movies & TV, You're Under Arrest Fast & Furious volume 1 DVD, Transformers Complete Series DVD, Battlestar Galactica Complete Series BD, Ultimate Cut Watchmen BD, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie Box Set BD and all of the following on BD: X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Transporter, Robocop, The Boondock Saints, A History of Violence, The Wrestler, Up, Ronin, Dark City, Spaceballs, Corpse Bride and V for Vendetta. Lets not forget about gaming, with 3 XBox Live 1600 points cards, Mad World for the Wii and Dragon Age Origins for the 360. FInally we have 2 Western Digital 500GB external HDDs and the Battle Machines laser tag RC cars 2 pack.

Damn, almost forgot, music, Lynyrd Skynyrd's God & Guns, Weird Al's Essential Weird Al and DethKlok's Dethalbum II. One thing of note with the music is that I am disappointed with the latest Skynyrd album. I know it's not the same band from the 70's, been that way since the plane crash, but this album is horrible in my opinion. I was worried it wouldn't be much good with a title like God & Guns, turned out I was right to be worried. Every other song is some silly damn message. If this is what Skynyrd is going to be from here on out, I'm done, I'm sticking to the old stuff.

This next little gem is a Speed Freak. Basically a cartoon car brought to life in statue form. This one in particular is called Flathead Flyer and it's the second one I've acquired. The first one was the Acid Dipped Racer. I think the Flathead Flyer is one of the more radical ones of the bunch though. Hope to get more of these in the future.

Finally there's a 1:18 scale garage accessories kit. Just some neat little bits and piece of things you'd find in an automotive shop. There's more of these and I hope to continue my collection of them so I can eventually build a miniature shop display.

That's it for me with exception to a work style shirt. I should have got a picture of that, it's pretty sweet. It's black and has a red & gold custom pinstripe deign on the back. I think it's going to be a constant reminder to get back to practicing my pinstriping.

Well, that's what I got for Christmas. I hope everyone else got what they wanted or at least had a good Christmas with family and/or friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment