Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Comic Day 12/23/2009.

OK, these heavy weeks are killing the wallet. I expected a light week with it basically being the last of the year. Only thing coming out next week is DC's Blackest Night. Still no Rocketeer Deluxe hardcover, but they did get a Goon volume 4 in, so I snagged that for Christmas.

New Mutants #8
Wolverine Origins #43
Wolverine Weapon X #8
X-Men Forever #14
Uncanny X-Men #519
X-Men Legacy #231

Secret Warriors #11
Fantastic Four #574
Amazing Spider-Man #616
Punisher #12
Thor #605
Captain America: Who Will Wield the Shield? One-Shot
Incredible Hercules #139

Halo Blood Lines #1 of 5
Avengers Initiative #31
New Avengers #60
Batwoman Detective Comics #860 Variant
Batwoman Detective Comics #860
Teen Titans #78
Justice Society of America #34

Before I headed out to Greenville today for the comics I had a nice surprise sitting at my door steps. A big brown box, man, seems like there's always awesome things in those. I had started to think that my Jessica Rabbit statue I ordered wouldn't make it by Christmas since I got the shipping confirmation on the 21st. So it really was a surprise to see that box this morning. I decided to go ahead and take her upstairs and set her up after seeing that the dress was done with what looks to basically be glitter. Man, that dress totally makes the statue, it picks up the faintest of light sources. Yet it is fragile, loose bits of the glitter does come off. The statue isn't perfect, and I'm a little disappointed about that, but it still looks great. She's also larger than I had imagined, biggest figure statue I've gotten so far, the heaviest is still the Doom statue though.

I plan to get some more shots of her, but I need some batteries for the camera. Well, I need to just buy an AC adapter for it, then I can go back to using the rechargeable battery, it lasts way longer than any AA batteries. Also, I'm tempted to try and mix some paint up to fix the small paint flaws on her. I already cleaned up the dress lines by scraping off excess glitter. For now I'm going to hold out and see if the bit of an OCD in me is that bothered by the paint flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment