Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Comic Day 11/18/2009.

Was a medium week for comics I'd say. Also did a little Christmas shopping for myself while I was at it. First, let's run down the comics and go from there.

Jesus Hates Zombies Vol. 3 - Come on, you know that cover is awesome. Look at it, it's Jesus, Lincoln and the frickin' General Lee, don't act like you aren't interested in what happens inside the book.

We Kill Monsters #5 of 6
Tales of the TMNT #64
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 - Reprint, in color celebrating the 25th Ann. of the Turtles.
Gold Digger #112
War Machine #11
Thuderbolts #138
Dark Avengers #11
Mighty Avengers #31

Deadpool Merc with a Mouth #5
Wolverine Origins #42
Wolverine Weapon X #7
X-Men Legacy #229
Incredible Hulk #604
Punisher #11
Amazing Spider-Man #612
Amazing Spider-Man: Dark Reign The List One Shot

Can't wait to read Punisher. This whole Franken Castle story line is going to be interesting for a while. If you don't know what is going on with the Punisher I suggest you skip the next sentence or so, becuse it is quite the spoiler. Well, are you going to skip ahead or do you already know about the juicy, bloody and dismembered death of Frank Castle? If you don't, you do now. That right, Frank got in a bit of a tussle with Daken, Wolverine's son, and while he did hurt the kid quite nicely, Daken paid him back doubly so. Unlike Daken though, Frank Castle doesn't have a healing factor, so the limbs he loses don't grow back. He lost each and every one of them, and then he literally lost his head. Seems like a fitting end for the Punisher, but of course nobody, or only a very small select few (Gwen Stacy comes to mind), stay dead in comics. So, Frank makes his come back as a pieced together man just like Frankenstein. Except with guns, guns and more guns, oh and a little death sprinkled in for good measure I'm sure. For however long this goes on for, if nothing else it should be an interesting read.

As I said, at the start of this post, I did some Christmas shopping for myself. Picked up the 2 volumes of Berserk I ordered last week, 29 & 31, George Carlins new book, Last Words, Weird AL's Essential album, Lynyrd Skynyrd's God & Guns album and Dethklok's Death Album II. No pictures of any of those items as they have been put away until Dec. 25th. I also ordered Berserk volume 28 when I picked up the books and I'll put it away too once I get it.

In other news I picked up Assassin's Creed II yesterday. Didn't get around to playing it till this morning before I headed out to the comic shop. It feels like the first game with the climbing and such. Combat so far feels better and smoother, but I have yet to really use any weapons as I have only had about an hour and a half of play time so far. Later tonight I hope to get around to killing some people. Huh, that sounds a lot more morbid than it really is, especially if you take it out of context. Or it sounds like a very interesting night to have, depends on who you kill I think. Anyways, once I get some real playtime on the game I'll be able to see if they fixed the repetitiveness of the first game and if there's any new features and all. Ah, so many games to play this time of year. Feels like an insurmountable task sometimes, but you play what you can, when can and hope you make good gaming choices for the holiday season. Right now I'm hoping Assassin's Creed II is a good break from Forza 3. Forza 3 has been a good and fun game so far but I feel like a break is needed from it for a few or else I might get burned out on it. I've noticed myself racing less and just playing around with different cars more and more in the past few days.

If nothing else I can go back and try Uncharted 2 on Crushing. It's a PS3 selling game for sure in my opinion. Uncharted 2 is a great game and is one of those you don't want to miss out on. Best storytelling I've seen in a game so far. It's a fun experience, really feels like a great movie that you play. As for multiplayer, well I've had a bit of fun with it, but not too much. Granted I haven't really gotten into that part of the game too much. Since I finally picked up a PS3 headset a few weeks ago I think I should get back to the multiplayer and really try my best not to suck.

Oh, so for a while I've been meaning to buy a nose hair trimmer. Now, before you go all "eww, that's gross" think about how gross it is to not do anything about the situation. Yeah, I've got hair that nearly runs down to my butt and I've got enough facial hair to make a bald man wish he had as much on the top of his head, but I do not care to walk around like a 70 year old monkey man. For the past few months it's been something that has been bothering me. Today I am no longer bothered by nasal fur. All I have to say is, the nose trimmer is a fricken godsend. My nose now feels really clean and free. Also, while gross to think about, yet completely true, boogers have less to hang onto inside my nose. And on that note, I'm out of here until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment