Sunday, October 11, 2009

Spark plug swap and other comic shelf.

A few days ago my neighbor dropped off the other comic box shelf. Yesterday I got it in the house and in it's place. No pictures of the painting process this time around, nothing was done different so that's a bit pointless. Here's pictures of it in place though.

Today I finally walked out to the shop and swapped the plugs out on the GN. Last time I drove it there was some misfiring going on. So, I parked it in the shop intending to get some plugs for it. Picked those up this past Wed. Well, from what the plugs have told me the car has been running rich as hell. Also, I found that the plug on cylinder number 1 was loose. Alright, I had the plugs swapped so time to take it for a spin to check things out, nope. A dead battery said otherwise. So I dragged out the battery charger, got that going and came back in the house. An hour later I go back out to the shop and fire it up. Started right up but I noticed the idle was off. "Damn, did I forget something?" I thought to myself. And sure enough I had, poked my head around the door and look at the engine bay to see the plug wire to cylinder number 1 just sitting there arcing off the body, whoops (if you look closely you can see it unpluged in the picture below). I cut the car back off, plug the wire in, started it back up, pulled it out of the shop and locked up.

To make sure it was really good to go I had to take it for a spin, quite literally. Drove down to the end of the road I live on and decided to check on the limited-slip diff. Yep, it still works, I knew it would, but yeah.... this car is too much fun not to play with when I get the chance. After that I looked down and saw there wasn't much fuel with the needle reading some where between empty and a quarter tank. "Might as well put a few bucks in it while I'm at it." I said to myself. I get to the gas station and put $6 bucks of 93 in and that's when I noticed I forgot to put the new license sticker on. Once I got back to the house I went in, grabbed the sticker and registration card, locked back up, slapped the sticker on and went for another drive. The car did alright, no real major issues except it wants to stall when I come completely off the gas pedal. Just about cuts off, actually did once, but that's fine, the car is running right again or close enough. When I pulled back onto my road heading home I decided to check that limited-slip one more time. The results of that check are below.

I am going to miss this car when it goes. It was rough the day I bought it and it'll still be rough the day it's sold, but in all the time I've owned it it's been more fun than it probably should have been. That's all this time around, today was fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment