Thursday, October 22, 2009

If it isn't one thing, it's another.

Yesterday I decided to drive my Monte Carlo down to Wal-Mart to buy Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (more on that game some other time). I don't drive as much as I should, but it seems every time I do drive it I am reminded of all the small things that need to be fixed. That or something else goes wrong. And this time it was the window tint and the A/C. I rolled the windows down at the house and when I rolled them up once getting to Wal-Mart, the passenger side glass' tint at the bottom of the glass peeled up a bit. Great, something else to fix. And on top of that for whatever reason the A/C isn't blowing cold, again.

The car is awesome, I think so at least, but I don't drive it as often as I would like because instead of the enjoyment I used to get from driving it I get the feeling of "what's going to break next." The car is only 9 years old, being a 2000 year model, yet being heavily modified is taking it's toll. I do mean heavily, I can tell you what is still stock quicker than I can what has been changed in some way or another. With so much done to the car I question when I will be done with it. Right when I think I have things taken care of, something else pops up saying "fix me." It has pushed me to my limits at times, causing me to say some very nasty things about the car and wanting to just get rid of it. But I eventually remember all the great times I've had with it and how much money I would basically lose if I did sell it. Selling it isn't even an option honestly. There's too much time, money and effort in it to do such a nutty thing. That and I get attached to cars.

The comic post will come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment