Thursday, October 14, 2010

Comic Day 13/10/2010.

Another week, another stack of comics.

Doc Savage #7
Return of Bruce Wayne #5 of 6
Titans #28
Magnus Robot Fighter #2
X-Men #4
Daken: Dark Wolverine #2

Incredible Hulks #614
Thor #616
Deadpool Corps #7
Amazing Spider-Man #645
New Avengers #5
Invincible Iron Man #31

Next up is The Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck volume 2 hardcover from Boom! Studios. This is one of the best things to come out from Boom!'s acquisition of the licenses to publish a lot of Disney's old comic catalog and upcoming comics. Next month the Companion hardcover should be released.


The last picture here shows the difference between the bookmarks. Volume 1 is on top of 2 (behind it if you were looking at the books head on) and looks more like gold and matches the book better. On mine, the 1st volume's bookmark is also bound much better as it is neat, straight and almost on center. Whereas the 2nd volume's is bound with a fold and closer to the front of the book than the back. A small annoyance, but otherwise the book is absolutely stunning.

When I first heard about Boom! reprinting The Life & Times of Scrooge McDuck I was so hoping they would have done it as a single volume. It would have made for a much more impressive, ad in my opinion, nicer book. It works as two, and I'm happy they reprinted it because it makes getting a copy much easier, for the time being that is. I'm sure this reprinting will eventually become hard to find and start going up in price. So if you're interested, and I would highly recommend the books, pick up yours soon.

In other news, they started moving furniture back into my house today. Holy crap, there's something I thought I wouldn't ever be excited about, I have furniture in my house again. The house repairs are nearing completion with the only major repairs left to finish being the kitchen bay window and foyer. Still needs linoleum in the kitchen, but that simple enough. And the other room upstairs can't be repainted and carpeted until I move everything out of it. But basically, I should finally be moving back in next week. It's only been nearly 6 months.

Also, there's been quite a few anime figures I've picked up over the last month or so and I think I'll do a few reviews on some of them. Pre-ordered the limited edition of Fallout: New Vegas from Gamestop a couple days ago as well. I would have preferred to have bought it from Amazon, but I didn't like the pre-order bonus Amazaon was offering at all. And out of all the places offering pre-order bonuses for the game, Gamestop does have the one I like the most. So while I'm annoyed I missed out on some free shipping and a tax-free purchase, I rather pay the extra $10 and get the content I want. Of course, knowing my luck, all these pre-order bonuses will be unlockable or findable in-game.

Crap, I need to get back to work on the Camaro some time too.

2 comments: