Thursday, August 26, 2010

Comic Day 8/26/2010 (a day late).

Well fuck, this was a heavy damn week. 23 books and only 1 was free, oh yay. Didn't help that I said fuck it, and bought some anime and a couple of CD's from Best Buy today too.

Gold Digger Books of Magic #1
Robocop '10 #6
Wolverine Saga (freebie)
Teen Titans #86
Batman #702
Batman Detective Comics #868
Justice League of America #48

Secret Warriors #19
Avengers #4
Captain America #609
Fantastic Four #586
Spider-Girl The End One-Shot
Fantastic Four #578 Iron Man variant. - More on this in a few.
Thor #613
Punisher Max Happy Ending One-Shot

Storm + Gambit (Curse of the Muants) One-Shot
Blade (Curse of the Mutants) One-Shot
Namor The First Mutant #1
Deadpool Team-Up #890
Dark Wolverine #90
Astonishing X-Men #35
X-Men Legacy #239
X-Factor #208

So, the shop has a new policy on rare variants. Anything lower than a 1 in 50 is going to be sold at face value and it's first come first serve on them. The 1 in 50's will continue to be marked up up for grabs for who ever wants them. Thus, why I picked up the Fantastic Four #578 Iron Man variant. It's pretty damn cool and at $3 I wasn't going to pass it up. It's a steam punk Iron Man, that's cool, it just is. I'd read a series based on that.

Been meaning to get this series for ages. Now I have it and plan to finally watch it.

And here at the end we have a couple of Rush albums. After playing Rok Band 2 last night I realized I don't own any Rush. I thought I should remedy that with the purchase of Moving Pictures and 2112.

Oh, and I saw Expendables today. It was alright, the action was all seemingly at speed so it looked brutal, especially when Terry Crews laid waste to those poor bastards with the full auto shotgun.It felt as if there was enough killing of nameless soldiers for 5 action movies. Also, damn, Schwarzernegger looked small, guess he's too busy being the Governator to look like Conan.

No comments:

Post a Comment